Thursday, March 27, 2014

Rainy Day Birdies

When I arrived at my photoblind this morning I found that the rain had collapsed the roof poles of the blind. This allowed the sides to stay standing and let the water drip into the the interior of the blind all over my chair! Needless to say it was a bit of a wet mess. I shook the blind off and grabbed an old feed sack from the barn to put over my seat. I refilled the bird feeders an settled in for a dampish photo session. There were a lot of birds calling all around me today Juncos, Acorn Woodpeckers, House Finches and Red Shoulderd Hawks were a few I could identify. It was quite delightful when a pack of coyotes joined into the chorus from down the ridge. Not too many birds came to the feeders today but it was quite pleasant to sit in the blind and listen and watch all that was going on. In the lowest pasture all of the horses came thundering across the pasture to group up under the big Valley Oak next to the road. A few minutes later it poured for about twenty minutes. They sure knew what they were doing. Here are a few images from my rainy day. One Junco and some House Finches. God's love and healing touch to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400,F stop F5.6,Shutter speed varied.

4 comments:

  1. pictures ready to book for the determination of species ... I'm not shure, you know what I mean :)))

    picture with rain is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to see them in a field guide for identification, Krzysztof Mikunda!

      Delete
  2. Once again thank you, Chris, for your efforts to capture the easy beauty of these dear creatures. Such a lovely colour treat for someone going through the greys and browns of the spring thaw of the urban north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I can offer you some glimpse of the upcoming spring, brucejamieson42. We had a bit of sleeting snow that didn't even stick on April 1st but it covered the mountains to the east of us.

      Delete