Monday, March 3, 2014

Rainy Days...

Photographing in the rain is tough. Yet you can get some pretty special images if you prepare for it. The last three days I haven't had the strong desire to do any photography due to the pouring rainfall. This morning I was all fired up with cabin fever and I had to do something about it. I went out into the showers, got soaking wet and restocked the bird feeders. Then I put up a window blind in the back bedroom and I waited. Surprisingly there were a lot of birds feeding in the rain today. There were Chickadees, Mountain Quail, Varied Thrush and Dark Eyed Juncos all coming to the feeders. They have got to eat regardless of the weather conditions. Photographically it was dark with a fairly slow shutter speed so a lot of my images ended up getting blurred. This was one of the best. Chestnut Backed Chickadee on a fungi.I think it looks mighty cool. God's love and blessings to all, chris Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400, F5.6,Shutter speed 1/125th of a sec.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this picture - some great shots across the blog. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, Thank you very much for your comment and for dropping in for a look at my photoblog.

    God bless,

    chris

    ReplyDelete