Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Winter Stash

Woodpiles are the source of a lot of my photographic efforts. It's not that I particularly like woodpiles it's just that's where I seem to find a lot of of my subject matter. I find everything from really interesting pieces of wood for perches to salamanders and scorpions. Last week I was putting in some wood for my Mom and when I lifted up a piece of firewood acorns started pouring to the ground. There was a stash of four or five gallons of acorns piled in between the logs. I really felt sorry for the poor creature that put them all there. It's hard to imagine all of the effort and countless hours it took to gather so many acorns into one place. If you look closely at the image you can see where they were gnawing on one of the acorns for a winter's meal. May your day be blessed, chris
Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D,100mm Macro Lens. Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. , Camera Settings- AV Mode,ISO 400,F11.0, Shutter speed 1/4 th of a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment