Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hummingbird Dream

Yesterday evening I spent close to an hour photographing hummingbirds. I find hummingbird photography to be quite addictive. They are like little flying jewels! The bright colors that refract off of their feathers are just amazing. I had so many hummingbirds coming into the feeder that they were fighting for position to feed. I chose a bright background and used some petunias which hummingbirds just love. I created a lot of images and I chose one Anna's Hummingbird as my favorite for today's photoblog. This has been the best year for hummingbirds that we have ever had. We have been going through roughly a gallon of nectar every two days. That's a lot of sugar! May you have a blessed day, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 190mm with four Canon 540 EZ flashes set to 1/16th power. Camera settings used were Manual mode,ISO 100, F 14.0 at 1/160th of a sec. If you are interested in learning more about hummingbird photography please take a look at chapter six of my book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". The book is available in both hardbound and as an ebook at most online book sellers. Check out the great reviews on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559

No comments:

Post a Comment