Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Aloe Vera Plant is Blooming

Yesterday I spent about half an hour photographing hummingbirds. I had the perfect spot for hummingbirds as my Aloe Vera plant was in bloom and the hummingbirds just love it. I placed it right next to the hummingbird feeder for the hummingbirds to find and it didn't take them very long to start using it. Here are two images of them. The first one is an Anna's Hummingbird with moulted wings. You can see the feathers starting to grow back in if you look closely. The second is and immature Rufous Hummingbird. The images are quite different in tone because I used a different setting and I moved my flashes. Both images were created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 mm lens at 250mm. Camera settings used were Manual mode, ISO 400, F 11. and F 9.0 at 1/160th of a sec. If you are interested in learning how to photograph hummingbirds please check out my book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". It is available in both hardbound and as an Ebook on most online book sellers. Please copy the following link into your browser. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559

No comments:

Post a Comment