Monday, June 15, 2015

The Feisty One and the Thief

I spent most of the day rearranging, cleaning and putting things away. We just had the inside of our house painted and I think it is going to take a couple of months to get reorganized and find everything. This evening I set aside some time for some hummingbird photography in the backyard. The same male Anna's Hummingbird as on Saturday dominated the flowers and the feeder. He is a feisty little thing taking on all comers very successfully. The only one able to feed from the Fuschia flowers was the young female Anna's. She had a knack for outwitting him to get to the flowers when he was otherwise occupied chasing some other hummingbird away. She would swoop right in feed for a second or two and be gone as he was coming back. I enjoyed myself and I'm sure that they did too. God's love and blessings to all, chris Mendocino County, Northern California. Photographed with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens. Manual mode, ISO 100, F 11.0 at 1/160th of a sec. (4) Canon 540EZ flashes set to 1/16th power were used to light the scene. Please check out chapter six of my book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography" if you want to learn more about photographing hummingbirds. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559 #TeamCanon ,#Bringit,

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for the comment, Rohan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was attractive! Thanks for the extent interpretation! I even did an appraisal on my website! Why am I using squeal script all over the place!

    ___________
    HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was attractive! Thanks for the extent interpretation! I even did an appraisal on my website! Why am I using squeal script all over the place!

    ___________
    HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete