Monday, September 28, 2015

I Joined the Lemmings!

Okay, I'll admit it! Tonight I was out there with thousands of other photographers photographing the "Super Moon Eclipse". I joined the Lemmings! Though I will say that I didn't go out of my way and track down some exotic backdrop or foreground to go with it. I was pretty lazy and just photographed it from my backyard. I'm kind of glad I did too because the whole first part was hidden in a cloud layer and I missed it. In the afternoon I did a diligent search using "The Photographer's Ephemeris" so I would know exactly where the moon was supposed to rise. I was all set up and waiting and nothing happened. I waited and waited and no moon. I went back and checked the time and the bearing and they were correct. So where did the moon go? When I went back outside I could see a really thin moon trying to shine through a pretty heavy layer of moisture on the horizon. As time passed the moon rose above it and it got a lot better. I stayed and watched the whole eclipse and I must say it was pretty cool. God created a vast and incredible heavens to keep us in awe. May you have a blessed day, chrisAll images created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens at 600mm on a Manfrotto 055 XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead.Exposures varied wildly with the changing light.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome pics and commentary Chris!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the comment, Judy. Have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by for a look and commenting, marjaan .

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting. It was storming in Florida during the eclipse so I didn't have a chance to get out and get some pictures myself. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ,Caleb. I hope that you were able to get some storm images instead.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the nice comment, Tanith. May you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  5. These are actually really cool photos. Nice job and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Kasen. Enjoy the weekend ahead.

      Delete