Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Patience Required

Late this afternoon I thought I would just set up a quick mossy perch and take a beautiful hummingbird image. The hummingbird must have had other plans. For over a half an hour the hummingbird would feed and then circle the perch looking at it. Then it would zoom off. It would return and then it would fly off and land somewhere else. I moved the perch lower. Nope it still circled it. I removed some of the moss. It almost landed and then changed its mind and zoomed off again. I trimmed more moss away. Nope! Still not interested. I grabbed a new perch with no moss on it. Yep, this one would do. It just took a bit of patience! God's love and blessings to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400IS lens at 330mm, Camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 1600, F 8.0 at 1/50th of a sec.Camera was supported with a 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment