Monday, September 21, 2015

One More for the Old Garden Gate Series

This morning I went out to the photoblind in the Little Lake Valley. When I arrived I was pleased to see a flurry of birds leaving the bird feeder when I walked up to the blind. It took me awhile to get set up. I restocked the bird feeders and set up the gate. After getting into the blind it didn't take too long for the birds to come back. There were Dark Eyed Juncos, House Finches, White Breasted Nuthatches and Oak Titmice as well as couple species of sparrows. I was kept pretty busy finding different angles and compositions to photograph all the birds coming in. By the time the light got too bright I ended up filling a CF card with images. It took me a couple of hours to edit it when I got home. My favorite image was one of the Dark Eyed Juncos. I'm going to add it to my Old Garden Gate series of images. I'll post some of the other images tomorrow. God's love and blessings to all, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D with a Tamron 150-600mm lens at 400mm on a Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod with a Bogen heavy duty ballhead. Camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 7.1 at 1/160th of a sec. The techniques used in the creation of this image are covered in the book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". It is available at most online booksellers and major book stores. You can find it a Amazon in both hardbound and ebook editions. Copy and paste the following address into your browser. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559

No comments:

Post a Comment