Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I'm King of the House Finches or It's a Creative Process

I spent the last two mornings photographing mostly House Finches from my garden blind out in the Little Lake Valley of Northern California. There have been a few other birds but seems like it has been House Finches all morning long. I was using my white picket fence set up with some beautiful flowers. With this set up I created close to nine hundred images over two long mornings. That is a lot of House finches! After the first edit I whittled that down to sixty two images that had some promise. The others were rejected for chopped off tails, beaks, being out of focus or just poor composition. Some images were discarded just because I didn't like them! In the afternoon I went through and did a second edit in which I picked some of my favorites out of the sixty two. These are my select images. Someone else might have picked something entirely different but these were my best choices. Sometimes it's just a matter of taste or a bit more detail in the eye. Enjoy the images and have a blessed day, chris All images were created using techniques from the book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". This book is available wherever fine books are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment