Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Little Lady Squirrel

This morning I photographed Steller's Jays, Dark eyed Juncos and one little lady Douglas Tree Squirrel. I also had a short run in with the blasted cat. She had to be brought squirming to the back door and deposited inside. She really wanted to get those birds! When I finished my time in the blind and was editing my images I discovered that my compositions were too tight on the Steller's Jays. Almost all of them had the tip of the tail going out of the frame. There were a couple that were in frame but then the head angle was wrong or the Jay had moved its head causing motion blur. the Junco pictures weren't to my liking either. None of the compositions really appealed to me. Of the ones of the Douglas Tree Squirrel there were quite a few that looked really nice. I narrowed it down to this one. God's love and blessings to all, chris Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 260mm. Settings used, AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/50th of a sec. Camera and lens were supported by a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod with a heavy duty Bogen ballhead. #TeamCanon,#CanonBringIt

No comments:

Post a Comment