Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Big Prize

This morning I was up before sunrise creating a new set up to photograph the birds. I moved the knothole feeder off to the side to lure the squirrels away from my bird feeder. I threw a walnut into the knothole feeder as further enticement for the squirrels. I'm always amazed at their ability to sniff things out! After completing the set up I climbed into the photoblind for my usual wait. A short time later a Douglas Tree Squirrel came by and checked out the bird feeder and then quickly moved on to the knothole feeder because it is much easier pickings than trying to hang upside down to get into the bird feeder. I got a great portrait of it sitting on top of the knotholefeeder and later got a really nice one of it getting ready to carry off the prize walnut. I had a great time doing photography and hope that you have a great weekend as well. God bless, chris Both images were created with a Canon 7D anda Canon 100-400 IS lens. AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 The camera was supported by a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 Heavy Duty ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment