Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Mossy Branch

Yesterday afternoon I scrounged around and found a mossy branch to use for a perch to put up next to the bird feeder. I like to use what's at hand because it fits and suits the environment. I imagine if I lived in the eastern plains of Wyoming I'd find a nice dead juniper branch or a piece of sage. This morning the only visitors I had to the perch were a Western Gray Squirrel and a Steller's Jay. I was excited when a pair of Band-tailed Pigeons landed close by but the squirrels scared them off. Here are my two best images from the morning. I pray that your week is going well. God bless, chris Both images were photographed with a Canon 7D MkII and a Canon 100-400IS lens v.1. The camera was on our bedroom window sill and it was supported with a ground pod and an old Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 5.6 with a shutter speed of 1/60th of a sec for the Jay and 1/800th of a sec for the squirrel as they were photographed hours apart from one another.#TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment