Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Snowy Day Jays

One of the things things that I love about living in the coastal range of Northern California is that we live high enough up in elevation that it snows. It doesn't snow too often and it rarely stays long enough that I ever need to shovel it. The county road crews do a great job of plowing and if I ever really do need to get out I can with four wheel drive. Just drive slow and easy and I rarely have a problem and I've never gotten stuck. Thank you Lord. Saturday night it started snowing pretty heavily. I went out in the dark and put up a mossy perch next to the bird feeder. In the morning the Steller's Jays were coming into it and loving all of that free bird seed. It snowed off and on all day. I really enjoyed getting the chance to photograph birds in the snow. By Monday morning all of the snow was melting away and today there are just scattered patches. I ended up with a lot of really nice images. After some editing I narrowed today's offering down to three images.Tomorrow I'll edit the squirrels. God bless, chris These images were all created with a Canon 7D MkII and a TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens with a Canon 550EX fill flash set to -2 stops. Camera settings varied. #teamcanon, #tamron,#takenwithmytamron, #canon

No comments:

Post a Comment