Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bringing Back Summer

Periodically either Lenore or myself will buy flowers to brighten up our kitchen or dining room. It's not an everyday thing but more of a treat when we want to brighten our mood. This is especially true in winter time. It brings back a little bit of summer and a splash of color into the drabber days of winter. Earlier this week I purchased some yellow flowers at the grocery store and Lenore arranged them in a yellow vase on the kitchen table. Yesterday I grabbed a few of them and placed them next to the bird feeder out in the yard. In less than two minutes the chickadees were using it as a perch to get to the bird feeder. I grabbed my camera and went out to the photoblind and caught some of the action, photographing Chestnut Backed Chickadees as they came to the feeder. It wasn't summer but it reminded me of it. God's love and blessings to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM at 390mm. Camera settings used AV mode, ISO 800, f 5.6 at 1/400th of a sec. Camera was on a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment