Monday, January 12, 2015

This Old Hat

I'm not sure what possessed me but this morning I photographed my hat! I'll start off by saying my Mom hates this hat. I purchased it on a whim years ago from "Gotta Hava Hat" in Humboldt County. I love it and it's a great hat especially now that chill of winter has arrived. Though I will say that I use it on foggy days in the summer as well. It's perfect for photography because it doesn't have a bill that gets in the way like a baseball cap when you attempt to put your eye up to the viewfinder of the camera. Additionally it can be scrunched down into a little ball and put into a coat pocket. Try that with a baseball cap! In a pinch I have used it to support my camera on the window sill of my pick up. One of the hat's best features is that in the photoblind I can lean forward onto my camera and take a cat nap on its pillowy thick brim. It's starting to get a little frazzled but I hope to keep it for many adventures to come. What's your favorite piece of attire for the outdoors? God's love and blessings to all, chris image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 28-105 lens at 45mm, ISO 800,F20.0 at 1/8th of a sec. Camera was supported on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment