Saturday, January 31, 2015

Revisiting an Old Scene

I spent a great time yesterday photographing Acorn Woodpeckers. I also revisited two old images that I have photographed in the past. One of the ways that you can improve your photography is to reshoot old scenes that you have photographed before. You can try another angle, photograph from either a higher or lower position. Try visualizing it from a different location. If you photographed it at sunrise try shooting it at sunset instead. In my particular situation I have photographed this one oak tree before. The last time I photographed it was about a year ago when I photographed it at sunrise in beautiful pink light. Yesterday the fog was thick as I drove past it on my way to my photoblind. Hmmnn.. I thought to myself. "That looks pretty interesting in the fog. I photographed from a couple different angles and then chose the best one for today's photoblog. The farm implement too has been photographed before. I think it was it was just last week. This time I noticed the silhouettes of the horses behind it added an added dimension that was really cool. As the horses grazed I kept moving my tripod trying to get a good angle of them. I was also shooting through a deer fence. This was done by putting the camera lens right up against the fence and not stopping don too far to allow the fence pattern to show through. So when you are out photographing a landscape or a scene again in the future look for ways that it can be photographed in a new and different way. God's love and blessings upon your weekend, chris Both images photographed with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens supported on a Manfrotto 055PROBX tripod with a Bogen 3055 ballhead.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I appreciate you stopping in for a look, Linda. Thank you very much for the comment.

      Delete
  2. I love these photos. Especially the way that you can just see the silhouettes of the horses through the mist. Beautiful. I am trying to start a wildlife blog a bit like yours and I was just wandering if you had any tips. Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowan, Just get out there and do it! It's not easy and it takes up a lot of time. Don't be afraid to sell yourself and be a bit pushy. Sign up for Google Ad sense so you can at least get a little pocket change out of it. Then just market the heck out of it on all the social media you can. That being said you can see that my website is extremely small potatoes compared to many others. I would get their advice as well! Good luck and God bless.

      Delete
  3. http://meditechhospitalservice.blogspot.com/?m=1
    nice pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That second one is amazing… and eerie. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Split Pea Traveler for dropping in and commenting. I love the second image. To me it was like a look back in time when farm implements were pulled by horses and miles.

      Delete