Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Steady Invasion

A few years back I started occasionally seeing Eurasion Collared Doves in the Little Lake Valley where I live. Now I see them on a daily basis and this year was the very first time I have photographed them from my photoblind. Right now there is a pair of them and from the sounds of it they have taken up residence and are going to be nesting. Collared doves were released in the Bahamas in the mid 1970s. They made made landfall in Florida in the 1980s. Since then they have spread westward and northward and can now be found as far north as Southeast Alaska. That's incredibly fast for an exotic species. Look for a Collared dove near you. If you haven't already done so please check out my new book, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography. It is available in both hardbound and as an e book from most online book sellers. The book is a excellent source for learning about photographing birds and has been getting great reviews. Spring time is an excellent time to photograph birds! Have a blessed day, chris Images created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens. #Bring it #TeamCanon

2 comments: