Saturday, March 14, 2015

One of the Clean Up Crew

This afternoon I went out to my photoblind in the Little Lake valley to restock the bird feeders and put in a little bit of bird photography. I haven't been out there in close to two weeks! On the drive out there I was really surprised to see a whole "kettle" of Turkey Vultures all lined up down a fence line going out into the valley. There were a bakers dozen of them just sitting there. I squeezed slowly onto the almost non existent shoulder. I checked my mirrors for approaching traffic and made a couple of images of the closest one hand held out the passenger window. Such a nice image of one of natures clean up crew. Turkey Vultures are natures way of disposing of all of the dead animals. They are a much needed species. God's light and love to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600 lens at 428mm handheld. AV Mode,ISO 800,F6.3 at 1/200th of a sec.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bird photography (as well as the other subjects). I've never been interested in bird photos, but if I were so inclined, I would be very motivated by your wonderful images. And...it's so nice to see a fellow-believer who is as passionate about photography as I am. Nice work! (my blog is imageisee.blogspot.com if you'd like to take a look)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, thank you for stopping by for a look and commenting. Though I'm a bit confused about the address for your blog. When I clicked it your blogsite came up as being by Angie with only one posting from 2011.

    ReplyDelete