Sunday, March 22, 2015

Teisel Topper Two

Yesterday afternoon I went out to the Burris Ranch in the little Lake Valley for about an hour of photography. When I arrived there were only a couple of birds in the garden where my photoblind is located and all of the feeders were cleaned out. Because I only had an hour I quickly restocked the feeders and put up a Teisel perch next to the bird feeders. I ended up photographing a lot of Dark Eyed Juncos until the very end when I had a male House Finch land on the Teisel. I held the shutter made a few images. I looked at the resulting image and quickly recomposed it and made a few more. I checked the screen and I knew I had my image. This image is the perfect partner to the female House Finch on Teisel that I posted last week. Another great "Teisel Topper". God's light and love to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with a Bogen 3055 ballhead. The lens used was a Tamron 150-600 at 428 mm. Camera settings used were ISO 800, F 8.0 at 1/500th of a sec.

2 comments: