Thursday, September 15, 2016

In the Shadow of the City

My favorite place to visit whenever I visit the Denver Colorado area is Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Area. Many locals just refer to it as RMA. It is very convenient if you are flying into Denver as it is very close to the airport. The first thing I did when I flew in was to pick up my little rent a car and drive straight to the refuge. I spent two wonderful mornings photographing there. Photographing, Bison,Raccoons, Prairie Dogs, one of my favorites and some Mule Deer as well as some flowers and scenics. If you stop by the visitor center they have some amazing displays set up showing the history of the arsenal from days of farming through its days as a chemical munitions storage and disposal unit and how it is being transformed back to nature. It truly is a hidden gem of the Denver area. God's love and blessings to all, chris All images were created with a Canon 7D mkII and a Tamron 150-600mm lens at a variety of settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment