Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Waiting for the Sunrise

A couple of weeks back I pre visualized an idea that I had for an image. I was walking down our driveway and a grasshopper jumped up in front of me and hopped across the driveway. Almost immediately I had the idea of an image of a grasshopper silhouetted on dried grass against the rising sun. Yesterday morning I gathered up what I needed to create that vision. I captured a grasshopper on the driveway and set up some dried grass on a table in my studio upstairs. What I could have really used was a wrangler to help keep the grasshopper contained. I almost lost it once before I finished photographing it and setting it free. I'm sure it has a whopper of a story to tell its grasshopper friends. God's love and blessings upon your day, chris This delightful image was created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon EF 70-300 f 4-5.6IS USM lens at 115mm. The camera was supported on a Manfrotto 055 XPROB Pro tripod with a Bogen heavy duty ballhead. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 11.0 at 1/80th of a sec.#TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment