Monday, May 24, 2010

Nothing Went Right and I Enjoyed It



Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go as you had planned it. For me today was one of those days. My daughter Annika was late for school which in turn made me miss the best morning light in my blind. I decided to shoot some bird images for the book I have been writing out on the ranch of a friend. I really need some images of birds and flowers so I set up a flowered branch on my feeder. I watched all morning long as bright colored Gold finches and House finches came to the feeder and none of them would land on it. I was just about to give up when I hear this beautiful bird calling about three feet from the blinds side window. I glanced upward out the window and there on a fence post is a male Lazuli Bunting calling his little heart out. All I can do is stare and listen in wonder as he is so close I can't photograph him. He stayed for about five minutes and then flew to the edge of an old orchard, well over fifty feet away. Which in photographer's terms means he is way to far away to photograph with any beauty.

I took one blurry shot of him just to document I saw him and then packed up and went home and did some badly needed weed eating in the yard. There is tomorrow or the next day to try again.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment