Sunday, May 30, 2010

House Crazy

First off the title is slightly misleading.Well sort of. I was able to spend just a few hours in the blind photographing birds before church this morning. All I managed to photograph was one lone House Finch. Numerous finches came to my feeder but only one lone male landed on my carefully prepared perch as a landing spot. Now you can see where I got my title from.



On the way to the blind though I spied a Western Tanager on the fence line leading to my upper feeder. While at church I talked to a friend that has several pairs out on his ranch along with a nesting Red Shouldered Hawk and both Cliff and Barn Swallows nesting. I think tomorrow I'm going to drive out that way and put up a mealworm feeder. I'm hoping this is not the case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence . We soon shall see.

God's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment