Thursday, January 6, 2011

From the Tiniest of Acorns Grow..


One thing there isn't a shortage of around my house is trees. Douglas Fir, Madrones, Redwoods, Tan and Valley Oaks. Every fall the oaks produce a lot of acorns. I have to be careful where I park my car if I don't want a lot of little dimple marks put into the paint job. Most of these acorns that drop never make it to the growing stage. A good percentage them get eaten by the Wild Turkeys,Bandtail Pigeons,wild pigs and the Blacktail Deer. A small percentage of them that survive and manage to land in decent soil get a chance to grow. Many of the rest just rot away.

This morning I decide to photograph a couple of acorns. I found a nice mossy patch to do that. I like the result.

God's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment