Thursday, January 20, 2011

Monochrome Morning





This morning it was foggy down in the valley. The sun was barely pushing through leaving the light very flat with little shadows. The sun itself was a white disk in the sky. I was trying to think of ways to use that to my advantage as I pulled in to the hardware store parking lot when it came to me. Trees! Silhouette the sun behind the trees for a simple composition. So I drove around looking for interesting tree branches to put up in front of the sun. While I was poking about I saw this crow up in a tree by an old abandoned industrial site.” That’s it!” I said to myself. I spun the truck around and parked across the street from it and just started creating some interesting compositions of the crow with the sun behind it. I really liked the simple, stark lighting.

God’s love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment