Tuesday, March 13, 2012

When It All comes Together



I have been trying to get a decent Mountain Quail image for a number of years now. It's truly amazing because they are found right in my own yard. For some reason they have always seemed to elude me. This year I was determined to capture an image of one. I created a set up in the front yard and put up one of my portable all weather blinds right next to it. I have been watching the quail come and go to the feeder but my timing of being in the photblind seems to have been off or I got images that weren't to my liking. Today it was raining like crazy all morning. Early this afternoon there was a break and I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did because it all came together. Three Mountain Quail came out and began feeding. After quite a few blurry images due to the dark lighting one quail stopped on the stump long enough for a clear exposure. I had my quail image! Now onto Varied Thrushes which love the rain.

God's love and blessings to everyone,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment