Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Inspiration From Others

Today I photographed a still life of some of Lenore's Grandmother's old sewing spools. Who knows how old those things are? A couple of the spools were priced for thirty -five cents so they could be from the nineteen sixties or possibly even earlier. Mendocino County where I live is an artists mecca. There are just so many talented people here with extraordinary skills from sculpting to painting, watercolors and sewing. My inspiration today came from the banner of zibergirl's website. I saw her banner and I wanted to create something of my own from Grandma's stuff. Zibergirl (Barbara Carlon)is a very talented seamstress. Lenore and I have been following some of her projects and she is very talented. If you like clothing or sewing you can checkout her website at http://zibergirl.com . God's light and love to all, chris

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the shears - are they Ginghers? They look similar to our pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabelle, you made me go look! Nope they are WISS. Sturdy pair of shears that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That's me you're talking about. Thank you, Chris, for the very nice compliments on being a talented seamstress. Presently I'm doing some costume construction for the upcoming play "Shrewed" at Mendocino College. It's a modern 1920's twist on Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew". It's funny and lively. You can read about it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1378490035717782/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome , Barbara. Wow, that's a big project. I wish you luck and"Break a Leg" .

      Delete