Friday, September 13, 2013

Macro in the Meadow

This morning I drove down to "Summer Lake". It used to be a lake anyway. Then the department of fish and wildlife ruled it couldn't be filled anymore as it both warmed and blocked the water going downstream harming young Steelhead and Coho Salmon. Since that time the lake bed has gradually progressed into being a meadow. Next a stream restoration project took place and they planted native Redwood Trees. The Redwoods along with natural growing Alders are slowly transitioning it back into a forest. It's starting to look pretty good. My intent was to photograph some spider webs as this traditionally has been a really good spot in the past. I didn't find a one. My camera wasn't lacking for subjects. I found plenty of things to photograph. Thistles,beetles,bees,butterflies,spiders and some of the last blackberries. Naturally I sampled a few and they were sweet and delicious. Probably the last ones I will get until next summer. God's precious love to all, chris

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography, you have captured the colors very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment, Barbara Smeaton Studio. It was nice of you to stop in for a look and leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much,IsaMaria1, So glad that you stopped by a look.

      Delete
  4. http://quitointimo.blogspot.com/ hermosas fotos y tienen tu marca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment, William Castro Poveda. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  5. Love your macro work! Just started my hobby in photography about a few months ago and I feel like your blog will help me improve! Loving all the posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that my photography can inspire you, Oscar Vicente.

      Delete