Monday, September 30, 2013

What to Do on a Rainy Day?

I could be a miser and count all of my money. I'm always trying to think of creative ways to photograph the insects where I live. Last night before I went to sleep I was envisioning a stock image of money and a bark beetle. Something along the lines of it's a struggle to get to the top. What if I were to show a bark beetle on the slow climb to the top up a stack of coins? This morning I set it up and made it happen. I captured a bark beetle from my wood pile where there is usually an abundant supply. Then I set up a studio light with a large soft box on it. Following that I grabbed a bunch of change and started stacking it.From there it was fairly easy to photograph the beetle using a macro lens with my camera on a tripod. One of the biggest problems I have with macro photography at my house is dog hair. After the session I spent a lot of time removing stray dog hairs that I didn't see from my images when I created them! God's light and love to all, chris

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your comment, Tartaruga Dispersa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo definitely pays off for all the effort you put into it, that's awesome that you stuck to your idea. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ever so much,Sketch My Life :O) for your comment. I love it when I can envision an image in my mind and work to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete