Friday, September 6, 2013

Using What's On Hand or Portrait of a Dog

Yesterday afternoon I was working around the house when I noticed our dog Badger was lying in shaft of light on the living room floor. Perfect for a dog portrait I immediately thought to myself. The lighting was fantastic. The primary problem was that behind him the background was a mess. There was a bright gold trimmed woodstove and and some light colored tile. Not the best things for a good background for a portrait. What could I place behind Badger to create a better background? I have some portable backdrops but Badger is afraid of them! That wouldn't do. Instead I used a chair with a black hoodie draped over the back of it. I slowly and carefully placed it behind Badger so he wouldn't move. Then I lay down on the floor in front of him so I could get down to his level so the hoodie would be behind him. His face was a bit shadowed but it was a great portrait. God's blessings to all, chris

2 comments:

  1. A real good result for your efforts Chris. Found your blog by accident, it is very inspiring. I started a 365 project a couple of years ago and did not complete it. This might give me the kick I need to start it again! Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you found my photoblog, Ken. Photographing most everyday is indeed quite a challenge. I see that you keep very active with cycling! You have been to quite a few places so you have a lot of potential places to photograph. Thanks for dropping in and commenting.
    God bless,

    chris

    ReplyDelete