Friday, September 20, 2013

What's in the Pile This Time?

Today I stacked firewood. We leave it on the driveway to dry for a few weeks before we stack it up. During that time you never know what is going to crawl into the pile. We have never had any rattlesnakes crawl in but that's always somewhere in the recesses of your mind when you are stacking it. Today I got down to where there were only about ten pieces left when a big Alligator Lizard crawled out of the pile towards me. Naturally I jumped and I may have said a few things unbecoming of a gentleman. Recovering I captured it. When I was done stacking I photographed it on a white background with Annika's help as lizard wrangler. Afterwards she let it go in the forest. Right now it is starting to rain so I'm glad that I got the wood done. God's precious light and love to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment