Saturday, August 9, 2014

Fancy Feather

It pays to clean up! This morning I cleaned up the leaves and trimmed back the bushes from our front walkway. In the process of washing the dirt and leaves off the walkway I discovered a Steller's Jay feather that was just dying to be photographed. I'm always amazed that they are such an intense vibrant blue. Enjoy and God bless, chris Image created with a Canon 28-105 at 75mm in natural light. Camera was set on a Manfrotto 055XB tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera setting used- AV mode, ISO 400,F16.0 at 1/200th of a sec. Please check out my forthcoming book "Secrets of Backyard bird Photography". I would appreciate it if you would take some time to share this book title with others you know that are birders or photographers that would want to know more about how to photograph birds in their backyards. http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Backyard-Photography-Chris-Hansen/dp/1937538559 Thank you very much.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this photo,and I see that you have some interesting photos on your blog, but this yellow color burns my eyes. You should try some colors from background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the like Sandra! I hope the yellow gets toned down a bit sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue against the grey wood - the fine detail in the feather contrasted to the rugged bark. The droplets add an interesting dimension too. I just started following your blog and look forward to seeing more of your photography here.

    ReplyDelete