Friday, August 15, 2014

Just Me and the Jays

Yesterday morning I spent an enjoyable couple of hours in the backyard photoblind. The Western Gray Squirrels chattered and complained about my presence. It took some time but eventually the Steller's Jays ignored the squirrels warnings and protestations and came to get some sunflower seeds. Once they started they didn't stop. Free seed is always a good draw. I called it quits when the blasted cat Papaya showed up. I had made sure she was contained before I went out to the blind but some family member must have set her free. I didn't really mind as I had one really nice image that I was looking forward to share. God's love and peace to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 210mm. Camera settings used were AV mode,ISO 400,F6.3 at 1/400th of a sec. Camera was placed on a Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Please spread the word to all of the photographers and birders you know about my upcoming book, "Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography". It is available at Amazon and other fine book sellers and is scheduled for release on Sept.11, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment