Friday, March 2, 2012

Something to Get excited About


I spent a good part of the morning setting up a new photography blind out on the Burris Ranch in the Little Lake Valley. After it was set up naturally I wanted to give it a try. Less than a minute after I zipped the door shut a Starling came into the feeder. Starlings aren't exactly uncommon but they sure are beautiful close up.

It was great to sit in the blind today. The sun was out and I could hear a small waterfall on the creek near the blind. The Red Shouldered Hawks were making there presence know by calling out periodically and their shadow flitting across my field of view made their presence known to all the small birds in the area as well as they dove for cover.

Quite a variety of birds came into the feeders today. When I was packing up the first Goldfinches I have seen for awhile came to the feeder. I'll have to photograph them next time around. It was a beautiful day to be out.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment