Sunday, March 16, 2014

Missing the Moon

Missing the Moon I was all prepared for tonight’s full moon. I consulted TPE (the Photographer’s Ephemeris) to make sure the moonrise was going to be visible from my bedroom window. I checked the bearing and marked the location of the moonrise on the horizon so I wouldn’t miss it when it first peeped over the mountains. The weather report was clear for this evening as well. I was ready and waiting at the appointed time for the moon to appear. It didn’t appear. Usually I have to wait six to eight minutes for the moon to clear the mountains as the time given is based upon a flat horizon. No moon. There was a thick layer of clouds on the horizon. About a half an hour later the moon barely rose above it and even then it faded in and out of view in the thick fog that was forming over the valley. No moonrise but there was such a wonderful, pastel sunset. So soft and beautiful. God’s glory isn’t always big and bold sometimes it’s in the softer gentler things that we overlook. chris
Photographed with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 200 mm. Camera Setting Used- AV mode,ISO 400, F5.6 at 1/125th of a sec.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Krzysztof Mikunda. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete