Monday, May 16, 2016

Go Away!

This last weekend we went away for a long weekend so we took Badger the Wonder Dog to the dog kennel in Ukiah on Friday morning. He was pulling for the door when we arrived and was bouncing up and down when he saw the kennel workers. They told me that he has the nick name of the trampoline dog because he literally bounces up and down four feet straight up in the air. Sunday evening when I picked him up he was overjoyed to see me. Though on the drive home he was pretty pooped out. This morning when I went out to photograph hummingbirds all he wanted to do was lie in the sun on the carpet. Here he is telling me to go away and let him sleep. Canon 7D and a Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens at 60mm. AV mode, ISO 400, f 5.6 at 1/2,500th of a sec. I wanted an intimate image to capture his expression so I put the camera flat on the floor at his level. To make sure the image was sharp and placed the focus point right on one of his eyes the most important part. Because I was in AV mode I chose the the widest F stop I could for this lens at this focal length to keep the background out of focus and place the emphasis of the image on his face.

1 comment:

  1. He's a cutie! Nice image of him! Sounds like a bundle of energy normally.

    ReplyDelete