Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Annual Visitors

One of the highlights of our backyard is a small pond. It's not very large being about four feet across and being under three feet and in depth. It's a highlight due to all of the wildlife it attracts. The nearest springs are both over a half a mile away so many birds and small animals use it for a water source. The birds bathe in it on almost a daily basis. Perhaps maybe even more as I'm not watching it all of the time. Each spring we get an invasion of the Pacific Chorus Frogs along with a few Western Toads. They come to the pond to breed and they provide a chorus of noise every evening. It's surprisingly loud! They in turn are followed by an annual invasion of Garter Snakes that come to eat the pollywogs as well as the Goldfish that we keep in the pond as well. This afternoon I spotted one of the Garter Snakes sunning itself on a rock in the pond. I grabbed my camera and then crawled on my belly to the edge of the pond. I was far too close and I had to back up go back in the house and add a 12mm extension tube so that I could focus that close up. When I was finished I slowly stood up and made an image of it from up above looking down on the rock where it was resting. God's love and blessings to all, chris all of these images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon 100-400 IS v.1 lens with a 12mm extension tube for close focusing. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment