Thursday, September 27, 2018

Marvelous Macro

I enjoy many types of photography. Macro photography being one of them. I really like macro because it opens up these little worlds that you don't often see so close up and in intimate detail. Yesterday I received a new (used) macro lens. It's a lens that I have wanted for many, many years. I purchased a Tamron 180mm macro lens. I have owned several 100mm macro lenses over the years but I have always wanted a 180mm macro lens because it gives you quite a bit more working distance from the camera to the subject than the 100mm macro. For a 100mm macro the working distance is just over 10cm. With the 180mm it jumps all the way up to 25cm. That's a really huge difference if you are trying to photograph nervous insects. This morning was the first time I got to try the lens out and I was very pleased with my purchase. The lens has a good solid feel. It seems really well made and it came with a lens collar and a deep lens shade. It's actually too deep for my big hands as I have to take off the lens shade to get access to the lens cap. This morning I used it to photograph the sunrise through a crystal ball and later in the day I photographed a honeybee and a Skipper butterfly. All of these were handheld and I can see the need for a tripod to make the images sharper. I'm looking forward to putting this lens through its paces in the future. God's blessings upon your upcoming weekend, chris #WithMyTamron All of these images were created with a Canon EOS T1i camera and a Tamron 180mm macro lens handheld and in AV mode. Exposures varied

No comments:

Post a Comment