Saturday, May 18, 2019

Baby It's Cold Outside

The rains have returned with gusto or so it seems. There are rains in our Northern California forecast for the next week or so. It's pretty much an inside kind of day. What to do on a rainy day? This morning I finished two days of editing for a book project I have been working on. Then I refilled the bird feeders with black sunflower seed and hung up the meal worm feeder. A big golf umbrella really helps! I was at a bit of a loss of what to do when I passed by a floral arrangement from the garden in our dining room. All of the flowers were looking pretty dismal except for one Iris bloom. I tossed out all of the flowers but kept the Iris. Next I grabbed my camera, tripod, macro lens, three backdrops, gold reflector and a flashlight. I set the iris up in a vase next to a window with the backdrops layered up behind it. The reflector I placed leaning up against a chair reflecting light from the window onto the blossom.With the macro lens on a tripod it was a pretty nice set up. I think I might go try it out with a fe wmore backdrops of different colors. God's blessings upon your weekend, chris All images were created with a Canon EOS 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 180mm macro lens. #TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

1 comment:

  1. Love the variations. Interesting how it affects the purple in the image. We are receiving quite a bit of rain as well. I had an indoor day yesterday as well.

    ReplyDelete