Tuesday, February 11, 2020

New (Used) Travel Camera

For the past year or so I've been using a Canon EOS Rebel T1i with a 28-200mm lens as my knock around travel camera that I take with me in the car and almost everywhere I go. Sometimes it just didn't have the reach that I needed for birds and other subjects that are further away. Just recently I purchased a little bridge camera that has a zoom range of 28-600mm. I'm hoping this might fill that need for reach once I get used to using it and adapting my self to the change in controls. It's a Canon Powershot G3-X. I'm having a lot of fun and some frustration with it. I didn't buy the optional optical viewfinder so I have to use the screen for composition and focusing. I keep turning it on and trying to shove the camera up to my face before I realize I won't be able to focus that way. It's a nice little camera.I's already in need of a good cleaning with all of the abuse it has already gone through. We will see if I end up keeping it.Here is Papaya the Blasted Cat surveying her domain from the front fence this afternoon, God's blessings upon your week, chris Canon Powershot G3-X, ISO 800, F 5.6 at 1/100th of a sec, handheld at 139mm.#TeamCanon,#teamcanonusa,

No comments:

Post a Comment