Thursday, May 14, 2020

No Sew Photoblind

This morning I completed building a "No Sew" photoblind that I will be using for photographing hummingbirds. I have already used it a number of times over the past month but I decided that it needed to be made into a proper photoblind with actual openings for the tripod legs and the camera lens. I had been shooting through the zipper openings. The blind is made from a pop up changing room that I purchased for eighteen bucks online. The first step was to set up my camera inside the blind on a tripod at the height I normally use it. In that position I could measure where the lens and tripod openings needed to be placed. A sharpie was then used to mark where the tripod leg opening should be for the lens opening I grabbed my largest lens shade and then marked the lens opening for the camera roughly a half inch larger than the lens shade. Using scissors I then cut all of the openings including small viewing ports next to the lens openings. Reinforcement for all of the openings cut into the photoblind was provided by using iron on jeans patches. Above the view ports and the lens ports I installed flaps made of pieces of camouflage scrap material cut from an old photoblind that I no longer use.The viewing ports were covered with landscape cloth.It's a very lightweight blind not made for rough field conditions. But it's perfect for use in the backyard. I really like how it turned out.God's precious light and love to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment