Friday, April 7, 2023

Set'em Up

 For those of you that know me well or have followed me for a long time you know that I love to do set up photography. Meaning that I  set up(create) the settings in which to photograph birds. I put up perches, hide birdseed. Hang bird feeders just out of the frame of the image etc. For this Chestnut-backed Chickadee image I set up two upright poles about four feet apart. I clamped up two horizontal crossbars between them.  I then hung a single port bird feeder from the top crossbar and I clamped a Teasel seed head upright and on an angle from the bottom one so it was leading towards the bird feeder.  I hid behind a window hide/blind with my camera on our back bedroom window sill. It's really nice to stay warm and dry when photographing the birds. Here was my favorite image from the session plus the set up. 


God's light and love to all of you, 

chris



No comments:

Post a Comment