Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Little Black Tailed Deer


This morning after I dropped off Annika I decided to hunt down some Blacktail Deer to photograph. I went to all my usual places and didn't find anything. Well that's not completely true as I did find a beautiful doe and her still spotted fawn. The only problem was is that they were feeding in front of a large solid wooden fence. Not exactly a very photogenic setting. The lighting was starting to go when just a bit further down I spotted this little forked horn feeding on a hillside. He was in the worst possible light in that he was in the shade with bright lighting behind him. So I did the best I could and metered for the shade letting the background blow out. I loved the expression of concern on his face as he was looking to the east where some dogs were barking.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment