Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tons of Turtles

Yesterday I traveled to Clearlake California. I met up with Joe Benoit and Dave Patula for a day of kayak fishing and photography. A couple of times during the day I made some obligatory casts just so I could add the fishing part. Dave did pretty well fishing. He caught and released a six pound bass along with some smaller ones. Joe caught a fifteen pound carp that gave his kayak a Nantucket sleigh ride up into the tules. He also caught a few bass. I mainly focused on chasing all the wildlife that live around the edges of the lake. There were Canadian Geese, Green Herons, Ravens and noisy Yellow Headed Blackbirds. Lots of things to photograph but I mostly photographed the Western Pond Turtles. They are such a cool creature sunning themselves on the logs. I got good and sunburned on my lower calves where I didn't apply enough sun screen.
It was a beautiful day to be on the water. God's precious love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment