Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting a Head

Most of today I was busy grocery shopping, running errands and doing housework. By mid afternoon I was really wanting to photograph some birds.If you have been following my photoblog for any length of time you know that one of my goals is to capture a nice image of a Mountain Quail on a perch. Of late they have been appearing at my backyard bird feeders right around three o'clock. I set myself up in our back bedroom in the house overlooking the feeders about a half an hour before that time. While I was waiting I photographed a Chestnut Backed Chickadee and numerous Steller's Jays. Both of which are very beautiful and common birds at my feeders. I was really excited when the quail came and started feeding right on schedule. I was just beginning to photograph them when something off to my right scared them and they scattered into the woods off to my left. Drat! All I managed was an out of focus image of ones head.Pretty cool looking head too with that tall feather for a topknot! Weather permitting I'll try again tomorrow. God's precious love and blessings to all, chris

2 comments:

  1. The Stellar's Jay shot is amazing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you dropped in for a look Isabelle. Thanks for your comment. Steller's Jays really are a beautiful bird. They probably aren't appreciated much for their beauty because they are so common.

    ReplyDelete