Saturday, January 5, 2013

Life on the Water

The best laid plans of mice and men all fail. Today my plan was to photograph some kayakers up on the Eel River. When I left Willits for the drive up it was threatening to rain. It started raining immediately upon the opening of my pick up door when I arrived at the river.Oh well. Sans camera I walked down to the river and talked for awhile with Jeff Laxier and Cate Hawthorne. They run Liquid Fusion Kayaking. Today they were teaching three students the basics of whitewater kayaking. Now for the commercial break. They are the ones to contact if you are interested in kayaking from from mild to wild. They provide epic paddling adventures in the Mendocino and Fort Bragg area for all ages and abilities. For those that want to learn to kayak, Liquid Fusion Kayaking specializes in learn to kayak classes for beginning through advanced paddlers.You can contact them at (707)962-1623. After I left them on the drive home I thought how as guides/instructors they spend the majority of their time on the water. Much the same as the willows I photographed standing in a riffle on the river. God's blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment