Friday, January 18, 2013

I Think the Fog is Chasing Me!

I should have known it would be foggy! Today I drove Jay back up to college in Arcata,Ca. As soon as we got past Garberville on Highway 101 it turned foggy. Jay and I had a great time talking, visiting the Arcata Marsh and going out to lunch etc. After dropping him off at his dorm I decided to check out the Eel River bottom lands around Ferndale on the way home. In the past it has always been a great spot for birds. The fog was actually far worse there. I did get one great opportunity to put my camera to use, I parked the car to look at some shorebirds and a flock of Tundra Swans flew right by in the fog. I just love that sound! God bless, chris

7 comments:

  1. Incredibly beautiful fog. Good photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that second shot with the fence in the background. I have been away, so I will try to catch up with your recent posts soon.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by PerfectMindStorm. I hope you have a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  3. So hauntingly beautiful!!! Did the swans honk or make noise as they flew? That would also be amazing to hear in the fog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you stooped in for a look, Ginny. Yes,they were calling. I love the sound of swans. Their call is similar to a goose but more resonant.

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much, Deanalan Carlisle. I really appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete