Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What are You Doing Back There?

On my recent trip to Colorado one of my must visit places was Rocky Mountain National Park. I spent a good part of my growing up years there watching the wildlife,hiking, fishing and camping. The Rocky Mountain Elk found there are one of the the most popular animals to watch in the park. Elk jams caused by traffic stopping to watch the elk are common in summer.In winter this is less of a problem and I had plenty of opportunities to watch the elk with few people around.The most fascinating sight of my whole vacation were the magpies feeding on ticks and other parasites on the elk. I just loved watching them. The elk provide food, shelter, protection and warmth. In return the magpies pick off the parasites off of the elk. God's love and blessings to all, chris

5 comments:

  1. Nice story and cool pics! Love the magpies and Elk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glaad that you dropped in for a look, Judy Chandlee. I really appreciate your comment. I would encourage people to check out Judy's photography at Panhandlepics.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome shots, great job! The elk is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you dropped in for a look and left a comment, Isabelle Zita. They may look cute but I wouldn't want to be on the business end of those antlers!

    ReplyDelete