Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Bit of Fence and a Rock





My photography blind at the Burris ranch is in an old garden area set aside from the pasture by an old beaten down sheep fence that is topped by two strands of barbed wire. For those of you that know what kind of fencing this is you probably already know that it isn't the prettiest fencing around. It isn't what I normally like to photograph birds on anyway. Recently I did photograph some quail on it and it's ok, but it isn't as nice as an old wooden fence. So I found some old redwood split rail fencing and wired it up to the wire fence and now I can at least get a few more images that aren't on wire. The birds were landing on both the posts and the rails today. I also have been getting a few images at my new water feature that as it starts getting warmer the birds will be using more and more. Today a few of them came in for a drink and landed on the biggest moss covered rock in the set up. There is always something I can do or change to shake things up a bit.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris,

No comments:

Post a Comment